Organized in 1975, The Meriden Hall of Fame Association was established to honor prominent people who live or have lived in Meriden, who have distinguished themselves in their professional and private lives, and in so doing, have brought honor to the City of Meriden. Permanent plaques that pay tribute to the inductees are currently housed in the Meriden City Hall.
We have enacted new guidelines for voting for the 2017 Class of Inductee's. You can click on the link provided and view the 2017 list of nominees, and you may now join by April 1, 2017 to be eligible to vote in the 2017 elections. please follow the link to the special memberahip application page.
Criteria for Hall of Fame Inductees
- Recognition as outstanding in that person’s field
- Categories of Art, Business / Commerce, Community Service, Education, Law / Government / Military, Literature, Media, Performing Arts, Philanthropy, Science / Medicine, Sports
- The person has lived and/or worked in Meriden at some time
- Preferably the person is known nationally or internationally either in the popular sense or has a national or international reputation within his/her field of endeavor
- The person must be of good character and have performed in a manner as to be a credit to and/or a benefactor to the City of Meriden
How It Works
Each year, nominations for new inductees in a variety of categories are collected from Meriden citizens. The Nominating Committee (consisting of three members of the Board of Directors) reviews and selects individuals and presents them to the full Board of Directors for approval. The final round of candidates is voted on by Meriden Hall of Fame members.
Want to get involved? Click here to learn more about membership in the Association »